Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Monday - Grading in the Garden




Bright and early Easter Monday morning, I decided that the students' papers that had been tucked away in the back of my mind needed to be graded before other distractions, like weeding and pruning, might convince me to dally. At 7:30 am, the sunshine was working hard to burn through a soft haze of fog hanging over the pasture. With laundry on the line, I asked Peter to take a few photos of me grading in the garden to prove that I DID grade papers today - although my thoughts were at the bottom of the garden where the new raised beds soon will be built.



Now that the hypertufa fountain is up and running, Springtime is officially here.  Thanks to the help of my dear friend, Nancy Hansel, the patio garden and the front garden are also cleaned and waiting for the annuals to be planted.

We heard from the farmer across the way that his cows will be returning later this week to the pasture at the edge of our garden to calf.   We can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment